 Off-Topic / Debate / 1824
Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 15:49:13 GMT

Ed Jones wrote:

Ed Jones wrote a message that Larry has paraphrased incorrectly below:
<the republicans tried to get clinton because he slept around>

Sorry, but that's what I distilled out. You spent two paragraphs trying
to explain Clinton's crime as "he slept around, which is not a crime"
and one sentence on the theme below.

Ok, I can see where you were coming from.

No, the republicans have been using ever possible dirt digging tactic they • can
find since Clinton won in 1992.  This was just another attempt by the • Elephant
heads to make a mountain out of a molehill to make themselves appear to be • the
"moral" party.  Nothing could be further from the truth.

Granted that what you say is true(1), I'm just confining my remarks to
the question at hand. Whatever other sins That Man has (and there are
plenty), the question at hand turns on whether he is a perjurer. That's
the issue, and the fact that the elephantheads are bozos using it for
their own sick and twisted political ends does not detract from the
facts.

- He is a perjurer, proven so, and admitted so
- Perjury is a high crime
- High crimes are impeachable offenses
- The impeachment happened, there was a vote to go to trial.
- He was acquitted (that's the way the process works. you can be
admittedly guilty of the crime and still be acquitted. Working as
designed. I'm fine with that)
- so that particular impeachment is over and done with

While I do not deny that he perjured, my point is that the majority of
Americans view that perjury as a non-perjury, and certainly not impeachable.
And the entire investigation as a waste of tax payer money.