 Off-Topic / Fun / 2804
Re: Name That Movie (Was: Misperceptions of America)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 16:30:23 GMT

Interesting description, it certainly has it faults, but I still like it. I
don't know why, it is just me, I guess! :)

Scott S.

James Brown wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
James,

      Wow, I thought that was an obscure line. Yes, I know, I saw the movie
first before reading the book, and it is very much off, but I still enjoyed it
tremendously!

Starship Troopers, one of the most liberal "let's see how huge we can make • the
gap between book and movie" movies out there.

Liberal? Politically or the off-the-book? I thought it was a great political
advocate of rightism. :)

Liberal as in "a very liberal interpretation"  You'll get lots of different
opinions of what the book's theme is, some of them quite different (mostly,
I've noticed, dependant on whether the reviewer likes Heinlein or not), but I
have yet to see _anyone_ describe the book as "Ken and Barbie save the
universe" - which was the description a friend of mine gave the movie.  I
don't think it could have been described more aptly.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/

--
Scott E. Sanburn
CADD Operator, CADD Systems Administrator

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/
Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/~legoguy712/index.html
Lego Page:
http://www.geocities.com/~legoguy712/legoindex.html

“The more people I meet, the more I like my Lego collection.”