 Off-Topic / Debate / 1857
Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:22:34 GMT

Ed Jones wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:

Funny, Ed, that you consider if the public knows about law or not, is better
than the judicial system?

Huh????

Do you agree with the mob rule mentality, then? people should be tried on public
opinion rather than a courtroom? So if I say you should be killed, and 500 other
people want to, then it is OK? That is baffling! Just because the public opinion
says one thing, does not necessarily mean the right thing, and I would not want
to be in a position where mob rule was the way people are tried.

Changing laws and being tried for breaking existing laws are two very different
things.

And since when did you guys worry about wasting of taxpayer money (i.e. NEA
(both of them), etc.?) That's funny!

Exactly who is "you guys"?

I don't know, Ed, sounds like you are in line with most
Democratic/liberal/leftist thinking, I could be wrong. Tell me.

I am appalled that you find the National Endowmnet of the Arts a waste of
taxpayer money.  But I guess you'd rather see that money go to the NRA.

I don't want any public funds to go to the NRA, or the NEA (Tell me where in the
Constitution or the Bill of Rights where either one of NEA's is located). I want
the money to go back to the people who own it, the American taxpayer. BTW, Ed, I
am surprised you are not upset by the independent council, by the name of
Lawrence Walsh, who spent over 47.9 million dollars in the 1980's going after
the Iran-Contra deal. The independent council laws are a joke, they should not
be in the books in the first place, it is Congress's job to investigate things
of that nature. Remember that Janet Reno was the one who appointed Ken Starr,
not the "Republican Congress".

--
Scott E. Sanburn
CADD Operator, CADD Systems Administrator

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/
Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/~legoguy712/index.html
Lego Page:
http://www.geocities.com/~legoguy712/legoindex.html

“The more people I meet, the more I like my Lego collection.”