 Off-Topic / Debate / 1858
Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:56:38 GMT

Scott Edward Sanburn wrote in message <37C463EE.BEAF6F93@aeieng.com>...

Um, we only give out billions of dollars every year to our allies, we send • out
millions of dollars in aid (private and public funds) and we are greedy? • Maybe
the American taxpayer is sick and tired of spending billions of dollars
overseas, with receiving hostile and even insulting messages back.

Billions of dollars for what? My mother's sake?.. It's bussines you know, no
undeveloped country, no MARKET.

Selçuk

PS. The help for the last terrible earthquake in my country is strictly out
of this consideration. I had been working on the collapsed buildings for the
only purpose of saving one more life with voluntary rescue teams and people
from all around the world, during last week. Me and my people owe way too
much to those men/women and the people who helped to cover this disaster in
any possible way, especially from outside of Turkey .