 Off-Topic / Debate / 1825
Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 15:47:13 GMT

No. They tried to get him because he lied, not because of his sleeping
proclivities. Treason is a bit much, Scott is frothing, but That Man was
guilty of perjury. That's a high crime and an impeachable offense. You
could look it up.

Yes, I'm a cappuccino machine! :) (yes, I would like a Cafe Mocha, please!) No,
I don't think it is treason, I think Adam Howard said that. I think the whole
nuclear missile incident could be considered that, however.

What he does in his bedroom or any other room by rights ought to be his
and his wife's (who he entered into a contract with about sleeping
rights) biz. Anyone have any doubt that I sincerely believe that to be
true for each and every one of us?

It does not matter to me. It's his business. This whole incident was turned into
this by the press. You have to look at perjury, etc.

But laws promulgated by HIS jackass party (with the aid and abetting of
the spineless/clueless elephants) make what affairs people have had a
legitimate line of inquiry when pressing a sexual harassment lawsuit.

I think sexual harassment laws are stupid. Yes, some "elephants" are spineless
and clueless as well, and they support these idiotic things. I think they can go
into the recycle bin!

If Clinton had any moral fibre at all, he would have stood up and said
"I refuse to testify. This sexual harassment law was a bad idea and it
should be struck down or at least modified", then took his lumps. *I'D*
be writing checks for his legal defense fund if he had done that.
Really.

Yes, I would give him more credit then. But he did not, and that is how he is.

But he didn't. He tried to wiggle out of it as he did with so many other
issues, lying under oath, then trying to redefine what "is" means to
wiggle out of the fact that he lied. Spineless twit. And his
carpetbagging wife too. NY is welcome to her.

It depends on what the definition of "is" is. :)

Don't be mad at the elephantheads for using a jackass law against a
jackass. Be mad at the system that lets elephants and donkeys run
roughshod over your rights. But that's nothing.

Wow, I never been called an elephanthead before. i will have to file that one,
Larry. :) I am not a fan of the system, either. It sucks.

Wanna be really scared, how about this one?

Apparently the DOJ is now proposing that, since they got defeated on
encryption, they be allow to obtain secret sealed warrants, never show
them to anyone, then break into your house under that warrant and tinker
with your computer to turn your encryption off so they can spy on you
without you knowing they did it They're theorising that it's a
legitimate extension of wiretap rights.

Ugh, I have heard about his as well. What was the quote, "jack-booted government
thugs?"

You want to get upset about something, get upset about that. Thank
Butcher Reno for that one.

Interesting fact that she appointed Ken Starr too. This women needs to be thrown
out. Period.

If I catch someone in blackout clothes tinkering with my computer, I'll
blow them away. I don't care if they're the DOJ or not.

I'm right next to you, Larry, armed and ready, "elephanthead" or not.

--
Scott E. Sanburn
CADD Operator, CADD Systems Administrator

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/
Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/~legoguy712/index.html
Lego Page:
http://www.geocities.com/~legoguy712/legoindex.html

“The more people I meet, the more I like my Lego collection.”