 Off-Topic / Debate / 15711
Re: If you oppose drug legalization, you support terrorism!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 16:33:53 GMT

It is a twisted attempt to dehumanize those who
choose to self-medicate.

When will the madness end?

Legalize coke, and I'll show you where it will begin...

   The problem isn't so much that it's illegal, but that we've accepted
   that it's the law's job to police morality.  The danger of legalizing
   drugs isn't the legalization itself so much as the direction our society
   is already going with personal responsibility.  I'm talking about the
   recent spate of lawsuits that are trying to redefine addiction as a
   "disability" to be covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act
   and therefore something you can't "discriminate" against.  What a crock!

   Fortunately, it hasn't worked, yet...

   best

   LFB