 Off-Topic / Debate / 14128
Re: On the veracity of statistics in general
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 16:47:37 GMT

If you think the UN stats lack rigour. Show us.

I did. Go to the top of the thread and *read* the article I cited.

UN stats for landmines are an order of magnitude different than the numbers
that a professional in the field of mine clearing (and who therefore would
presumably want lots of work) came up with. That suggests that for that
particular statistic, there wasn't a lot of rigor behind it.

Its time to put-up or shut-up.

I put up, you just didn't read it very carefully.

You should shut up, because a lot of people here (not just me) are tired of
putting up with YOU.

Go reread Dave's DebateCard(tm) and think about what it means.