 Off-Topic / Debate / 14126
Re: On the veracity of statistics in general
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 14:41:07 GMT

I was doing some Googletrolling with various search keywords, looking for
some scholarly work on the accuracy of UN statistics. It's a relatively
tough search...

That's right, you don't like UN stats do you? You said this:

Oh, and another thing... nice tangent. Why not actually think about what was
written, the way Christopher did, and respond with a reasoned, well thought
out reply that shows that you aren't posting first and thinking later.

Yawn. Sling mud. Avoid the issues. I almost envy you. Were you spoiled as a
child?

That is a bit harder than just dredging up factoids and quotes and taking
potshots though, isn't it? And you said (in your response to Dave Eaton's
DebateCard(tm)) you don't really have time to do a proper job debating.

I did not say that.

So I
wonder:

Really?

If you don't have time to do it right, why do it at all? Don't you
take any pride in your work?

I don't think you do it right either. You are often not willing to justify
your opinion. Take a look at Daves "DebateCard(tm)" post and its replies;
you'll see I'm not the only one that thinks that.

Maybe you should take a page from Dan and go back to your other LEGO pursuits.

Maybe you should take a page out of ObL's book, and go hide in a cave.

Go build some MOCs. Go take some pictures, go inventory some sets, go give
advice to clubs, go help the LDraw community, go share info about past LEGO
sets, go invent something, or SOMETHING.

Perhaps I should do what you do & dictate to everyone? Make a lot of noise?
I used to live near cooperage. The guys their used to have a saying : the
empty barrels make the most noise. Does that mean anything to you?

Oh wait, you don't do any of those things, or at least not recently, do you?
THIS (and stirring up trouble elsewhere) is the sum total visible part of
your hobby.

Hobbies. I have more than one. Lego is not even my main one during the
summer months.

Well, everyone needs some sort of hobby and you clearly enjoy
causing trouble here.

Nope. Perhaps you do. I don't. I've seen you have more arguments on this
forum (I mean the whole of Lugnet) than any other single person.

Refute that if you can.

Scott A