 Off-Topic / Debate / 13264
Re: Special Identification for Arab Americans?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 16:48:54 GMT

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message

<snip>

. and I thought I was cynical. I think the "war" is all about GWB
overreacting. The problem is that he has now painted himself into a • corner.
Calling this a war, I think, plays right into the hands of whoever did
this.

GWB even used the word "crusade" in one speech, which must have gone down
well when translated for the Arab press.  Using "war" was ill-conceived, but
"crusade" was complete stupidty.  I hope they fired whoever wrote that
speech.

Stoof