 Off-Topic / Debate / 13188
Re: Special Identification for Arab Americans?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 06:16:00 GMT

From you know who... The poll results scare the JEEPERS out of me.

   That *is* kind of scary.  It should serve as an indication of
   how fundamental the crisis of such thinking is, that groups
   from the far-right *and* the far-left are willing to work
   together with a broad spectrum of groups in between to oppose
   this sort of Fascistic thing.

   Consider the US Islamic population as our mineshaft canary.
   If our government begins to whittle away their civil rights,
   we're on the precipice of doom.  I'm also concerned that people
   think this is a *real* war--11 September's attacks were criminal,
   they were murderous and evil, but calling them "war" is a
   measure designed to justify an exaggerated military response
   both internally and externally.

   best

   LFB