 Off-Topic / Debate / 12561
Re: Plane crash in New York?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 21:08:57 GMT

It is utterly frustrating to read opinions that I strongly disagree with,
and not to be allowed to explain and evolve my point of view.

/Tore

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
There is no way to break the circle of violence short of annihilating the
fanatics.  Ignoring them and not fighting back does not seem to slow their attacks
down at all.

If NOT fighting them doesn't stop their attacks (as has been shown to date), then
hopefully fighting them, and eliminating them, will.  There may be more lives lost
in the process of fighting them, but the total lives lost may be lower in the end.

Tore Eriksson wrote:

No, I don't have the answer to this. All I know is that the circle of
increasing violence must be broken, and the side that breaks it will be the
true heroes. If it isn't broken, we may see the dawn of WW3.