 General / 32995
Re: Plane crash in New York?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 20:30:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Alex Farlie writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Tore Eriksson writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Scott Sanburn writes:
Bush said he "would hunt down those folks" responsible for the attack. He
said "terrorism against our nation will not stand."

Good thinking, Mr Bush! Very clever!

Am I the only one suspecting that the horrible attacks are acts in just that
very same spirit?

How can they be?

The US Government(and President Bush) wants to
ensure that any reasonable action required to bring the 'extremists'
responsible to justice is carried out.

Those who hi-jacked the planes are a little hard to reach for the moment...
And killing their leaders (along with thousands of innocent people?) won't
change anything.

The 'extremists' on the other hand,
have commited an act of mass murder!!

Ever heard of the Vietnam war and many other in its likeness? Millions of
people call USA's interventions in various conflicts mass murder.

The attacks have been called a declaration of war. Is it possible that it is a
response to what other peoples have considered the same?

How can the two possibly EVER be in the same spirit?

The spirit of revenge. An eye for an eye. No, rather the prinicple of Lemech
(Gen 4:23) from which eye for an eye was a great improvement.

I am really surprised to learn that even Russia beat "the world's greatest
democracy" in abolishing death penalty!

Not just one single maniac, but a group of terrorists obviously hate USA so
much that they are prepared to die for it. I ask myself: What can trigger such
hatred?

I would never, ever justify the deeds, but I wish to analyze the possible
motives. Also, is the hunting down of the terrorists the answer?

If USA responds with heavy bombing (which is most likely), will it make those
who hate USA hate less?

No, I don't have the answer to this. All I know is that the circle of
increasing violence must be broken, and the side that breaks it will be the
true heroes. If it isn't broken, we may see the dawn of WW3.

Alex