 Off-Topic / Debate / 12541
Re: Plane crash in New York?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:08:25 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tore Eriksson writes:

The spirit of revenge. An eye for an eye. No, rather the prinicple of Lemech
(Gen 4:23) from which eye for an eye was a great improvement.

I am really surprised to learn that even Russia beat "the world's greatest
democracy" in abolishing death penalty!

Interesting quote from CNN online:

   Russian President Vladimir Putin also sent a telegram to Bush.
   "Dear George," he wrote, "such an inhuman act must not go
   unpunished."

I'm sure that the US is going to strike back at the terrorist organizations
that are responsible for yesterday's acts of terror.  I am not certain
personally that the US will strike back in the most moral way possible.  I
suppose we could take the most moral and humanitarian steps possible to
confront the terrorist groups and ask them nicely to surrender their weapons
and come peacefully to the US to face trials for their actions.

What is the most appropriate way to deal with terrorists in order to prevent
further acts of violence against innocent civilians?

Jeff