 Off-Topic / Debate / *811 (-20)
  Re: New Web Page

(...) There's already nothing to stop them from overruling any of the amendments. I don't see your argument. Steve (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) I believe it has something to do with the fact that the police are only *supposed* to be involved in situations where a crime has been committed. No crime, no punishment. Can you imagine what would happen if citizens could be punished because (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

On Wed, 12 May 1999 22:20:20 GMT, James Brown uttered the following profundities... (...) Thank you. That was along the lines of what I had hoped to convey. (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) The only problem I see with a gun license is the creation of a list of gun owners, which would make the job of the out of control government cracking down on the population easier (recall that this is one of the major reasons for the 2nd (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) In that I think it leads people to want a solution to some problem NOW! This makes violence as a means to solve a problem more likely. It also creates higher stress which makes it more likely that someone will crack. (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) I agree with this statement. I think a 'gun license', similar to a 'driving license', is a reasonable and rational requirement for gun ownership. Anyone who wants to legally obtain a gun should be willing to go through a period of training and (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

(...) For instance, they could be on a treadmill...not getting from point A to B at all. (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) Maybe (...) How so? This is the only one that I don't 'get' right off. (...) I really think these last two bullets are right on. Everything else stems from these, and I really think that the second to last is derivative of the last. Parents (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) For the record, I think that my beliefs are subject to change, but others have tried to convince me and it hasn't happened on this issue. (...) This is the key practical point, as far as I see it. (...) And this is the key ethical point which (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) I would have to agree with Mike. The biggest problem with gun legislation, is that it's in the second amendment of the US Constitution. Spelled out specifically. If the government deems is necessary to take away that amendement, what's to stop (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) How would that change anything? (...) OK, I'll bite :-) (...) Absolutely. 100% (...) I don't want to call them insignificant, but I think that due to the way you've phrased the question, the only answer I can give is Yes. I think that the RKBA (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

I should probably stay out of this but... Note that I don't personally own a gun. (...) The availability of guns is a factor in the recent school tragedies, but most of the tragedies would probably still have happened in some way (though probably (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

I just want to put my two cents on this one, whereas I will just keep my big mouth shut about the other threads... For what its worth, Mike Stanly seems to absolutely right! (again) Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) Good point, I think I will (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) Why? People are usually as polarized on this issue as the abortion issue. (...) It is my contention that the only thing more disgusting than bringing up a tragedy like this in such a "if you support the right to own a gun you think those (...) (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Dee writes: <snipped several pointed questions about gun control> (...) How about: People react to a dangerous situation depending on a number of factors, one of which is their knowledge of their capabilities. If (...) (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

On Wed, 12 May 1999 00:32:49 GMT, Larry Pieniazek uttered the following profundities... (...) No comments on education. I am not of schooling age, nor have children, or likely to in the near future. (When considering flameage in your replies, (...) (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Simon Denscombe writes: "The whole natural point of having sex is reproduction or the possibility of it (contraception isn't 100% safe) - with homosexuals this is impossible." --> Copied from your post. Please stop (...) (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) Glad I don't live in the US then. Virtually all schools in the UK are public schools - it is 'different' to go to a private school. We have OFSTEAD inspectors and league tables based on exam results to keep standards up and give parents a good (...) (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

(...) Nope that is not what I typed was it? Sex and walking are different things and there is no reason why they should behave in the same way. The whole point of walking is to get from A to B - whether A and B are the same place and the person has (...) (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

(...) Don't have that problem in the UK no matter what Stonewall do. Calling someone gay is a regular namecall in some places. Lesbianism is more accepted however because two girls to a male is appealing... (...) Hmm. Ronnie O'Sullivan - snooker (...) (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact