 Off-Topic / Debate / 802
Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 15:07:00 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

<everything snipped>

I would have to agree with Mike.  The biggest problem with
gun legislation, is that it's in the second amendment of the US
Constitution.  Spelled out specifically.

If the government deems is necessary to take away that amendement,
what's to stop them from taking away the first amendment, or the
fifth amendment?  Nothing.

In the Columbine shooting, there were 18 gun-related laws broken.
How does adding more laws fix that?  The only laws that will, are going
to restrict _MY_ rights.  The shooting was senseless, and a tragedy,
but that shouldn't stop me, a non-felon, non crime committing person,
from obtaining or have the right to obtain a gun.

If I infringe on YOUR rights, then that's a problem, but if not, why
do you want to infringe upon mine?

--
Lee Jorgensen, Programmer/Analyst - Bankoe Systems, Inc.
mailto:jorgensen@bankoe.moc  <-- reverse moc