 Off-Topic / Debate / 807
Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 16:31:57 GMT

Christopher L. Weeks wrote:

Frank Filz wrote:

The availability of guns is a factor in the recent school tragedies, but
most of the tragedies would probably still have happened in some way
(though probably with fewer casualties) without guns. The major
contributing problems I see:

- more importantly, the promotion of instant gratification

How so?  This is the only one that I don't 'get' right off.

In that I think it leads people to want a solution to some problem NOW!
This makes violence as a means to solve a problem more likely. It also
creates higher stress which makes it more likely that someone will
crack.

--
Frank Filz

Work: mailto:ffilz@us.ibm.com