 Off-Topic / Debate / 793
Re: Terms and Conditions Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 21:11:23 GMT

James Brown wrote:
So?  The whole "natural" point of walking is to move effeciently across land.
Does that make people who walk around the block because they happen to enjoy
walking "ill"?

Nope that is not what I typed was it?  Sex and walking are different
things and there is no reason why they should behave in the same way.
The whole point of walking is to get from A to B - whether A and B are
the same place and the person has gone via C doesn't matter.

ill people want to get well they just don't know it"

You said it not me, ask any person who is ill whether they want to
become well and they will say yes unless it's a mental illness of course
which affects their thinking.  The human instinct is to survive ask any
psychologist - although all people want to go back to the safety of the
womb something has gone wrong if they commit suicide - this is only
A-Level Psychology - something an 18 year old can do.

OK.  Here's the dictonary definition from Websters:

What dictionary is that - never heard of it :-)

2 a : to have a strong desire for <wanted a chance to rest> b : to have an
inclination to : LIKE <say what you want, he is efficient>
From the context of your sentence, 2a applies "to have a strong desire for",
which implies awareness.  The second phrase of your statement denies
awareness, ergo, nonsensical.

Could you tell me which statement you are referring to then I can make a
fair comment.

Does this mean you support and/or are homosexual(s) considering you said
'ill people want to get well they just don't know it'?

--
Carbon 60
ICQ # 5643170