 Off-Topic / Debate / *8026 (-20)
  Re: Polyamory

(...) Life is full of such decisions. Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Religion and Science

Kevin, I responded to your post above in a new thread (something more appropriate than "Religion and Science") called "Christian morality". Thanks and take care, Steve (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) That's an easy answer, but I'm not so sure it would be a comfort to the person who needed you greatly but, in your opinion, not as much as the other person. Or, worse yet, felt they needed you more, but you disagreed. eric (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Christian morality (cont)

(...) it (...) in (...) sects (...) also (...) Kevin, Thanks for your willingness to dialogue and explain your thinking a bit. I don't think you are alone at all in the concerns you've outlined above. I think most of your concerns can be addressed (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) Testify, brother! I worked at a 7-11 some years ago, and a new car with the factory sticker on it pulled into the lot. Out climbed a guy in an expensive and new-looking suit, and he came in and bought his candy bar with foodstamps. On the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) I suppose it really depends on how you let the other person view the relationship. (...) I'd choose the one who needed me most. Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) Out of curiosity, Kevin, do you think it's impossible to find such a person? Or, conversely, do you think it's possible to find any combination of people to meet ALL of one's needs? Is it even necessary that ALL needs be met? I'm not blasting (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) That's great for both of you. I note with interest that you snipped away the part where I said I didn't see anything wrong with dating multiple people, as long as *all* people involved in *all* the relationships are aware of what's going on. I (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Polyamory

Lorbaat wrote in message ... (...) never (...) Why do you think it's important to look for one person who does fill all ones needs, Eric? Do you think it's likely that one would find such a person? ALL needs? Your use of the term "copping out" seems (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Religion and Science

Christopher Weeks wrote in message ... (...) I was thinking of people-as-we-are-now, not people-as-we-might-possibly-be :-) Rightnow, almost everyone is brought up on the ideal of monogamy (eg all the teenage angst material about "my best friend (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: RIS 2.0 content !!!

(...) I meant slow when running, not booting... Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) This is pretty typical of the crap that polyamorists spew in an attempt to make themselves seem enlightened. First of all, what state is forcing morality on anyone? As far as I know, in most state adultery isn't even illegal. Many religions (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Religion and Science

(...) This makes sense, but I'm not sure the grandparents/coparents analogy holds. Note: this is all off the top of my head, feel free to throw in some real data. Grandparents are an inevitability (if they're still around when the third generation (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Religion and Science

(...) I don't think so. I think that it's pretty clear that the model that is less popular in North America now than it once was, with grandparents hanging around helping is superior to the two-parent-and-2.3-kids model. In general, larger natural (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Religion and Science

(...) Why do you say probably not most? (...) Right. I'm sure that if you polled people, you would find that right now they believed that such a lifestyle is not for them. But I wonder if they're just wrong because we're conditioned to only accept (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) I wonder how much of our societal unacceptance of polyamory is based on the desire for control? It would be harder for the government to keep track of stuff, but so the hell what? But for those who think that kind of control is good, I can see (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) When I was working at a Krogers in college in the Seafood dept, I had several people ask me if food stamps could be used to buy lobster. I also saw people buying sirloin with foodstamps. Why should someone that is on foodstamps be able to eat (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My ideas - Space, Castle, etc.

I would have thought it was obvious - I eat meat whenever possible, and vastly prefer it to any greenery (though a steak without a potato is lacking a bit). ;-) (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Veracity, the historical record, and supernatural events

Actually, it is quite easy to get pregnant without losing the hymen - it DOES pass fluids. Complicating the matter is the fact that some women have been known to have hymens that heal at least once. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: An interesting North American Election (was Re: Cdn Election Day)

(...) I understood that the recall bill was defeated by the NDP before it could become law. In any case, it's the Alliance recall policy that I was refering to - the farther away from the people the level of govt. is, the more something like this is (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact