 Off-Topic / Debate / *5826 (-20)
  Re: smokers

On a side note, Febreeze is a miracle product. I don't know if it'll help asthma sufferers, but it will help to get the odor out of stuff. I lived with a coupl of smokers, and one of them used my yoga book (while he was smoking. Healthy, no?), and (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: smokers

Christopher Weeks wrote in message ... (...) that's (...) It (...) I would say so. No one has weighed in with a reasonable negative reason, and several people have raised the issue of severe asthma, so, look for my post in lugnet.market.services (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: smokers

(...) He didn't say that he didn't want to. He said that he wanted a general consensus on whether such things are appropriate before doing so. It was the nice and cautious thing to do, but I think that consensus has been demonstrated. Chris (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: smokers

(...) I agree with your rationalization, Paul. I have chronic asthma, and recently while I was factoring some sets that are headed for Oz, I got two packages that (from the second I opened them) got me all coughing, and it didn't take me too long to (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: vegetarians (was Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)

(...) Yes, but some would argue that these are still by-products of the meat industry. Scott A (...) figure (...) I'm (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: vegetarians (was Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)

(...) Oh, I wonder how I should have written that. I meant to be saying flesh-derivatives (like gelatin), not animal-derivatives. I certainly agree that dairy is an animal derivative. (...) Yeah, I've been to DC a few times and there are just a ton (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: smokers

Frank, Please share the name/ID of that seller. I'm a semi-professional singer (my other avocation) and smoky Lego is not fun to deal with. I just got an 8459 from Germany, it reeked of smoke so badly that I had to put it together outside. I was (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  vegetarians (was Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)

(...) That's what I thought, 'cept the sentance "I haven't eaten (except for trace amounts by mistake) the flesh, or derivatives, of an animal in six years." confused me a bit- IMO dairy is an animal derivative. Just checking. I noticed you're (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: smokers

(...) I think you should share the person's name. I don't want to buy stinky smoky parts. My home is smoke free - I assume all of my buyers already know that. It will remain smoke free no matter what, too. I don't even let my mother smoke in my home (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: smokers

(...) Buying only new at the store would be fine if you have no interest in themes like pirates. The reality is that 90% plus of LEGO I have bought over the internet has been smoke free. I have repeatedly bought from a single buyer who exposes the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) Well, I guess I won't care...I'll be dead. I mean, nothing's perfect. (...) I'm pretty sure that the stench of rotting corpses doesn't trouble vultures and heyenas; how about if you just let them have me instead of trying to do the work (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) for (...) years. (...) milk (...) have (...) yet. (...) The latter. I think the line "I eat eggs and dairy..." really gives it away :-) (...) Good for you! I've toyed with following a vegan diet, but it's not a step that I'm ready to take for (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) Hmm.. What if you lightning subsequently sets fire to the woods where you're hypothetically dropped? Or if a landslide buries you? Burying and burning may be creepy, but cholera (for example) and the stench of rotting corpses trouble me, too. (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) I had a professor in college who has made arragements to be buried six inches deep in a forest in VA. I know it doesn't have the same effect as your wishes but it sounds like its legal. -chris (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) Chris, I haven't been following this thread for the past week and I'm not caught up yet. I'm a little confused by the above paragraph. Are you vegan or lacto-ovo-vegetarian? It sounds like the latter to me, but I wanted to be sure. FYI, I've (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The nature of being (was Aids, Vegetarianism etc.)

(...) Even if rights were a fiction, I'd agree with you that to avoid causing suffering is better. But, fundamentally, from a bedrock philosophical basis, we have no ultimate way to condemn evil if creatures do not objectively have a right to (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Vegetarianism etc. (was: Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)

(...) you (...) Nope. I would chose the human option, but not because I believe that it is capable of experiencing a "Better existence." I'm familiar with it, I know it's OK, I'd go with the known over the unknown in this case (unless I had reason (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Vegetarianism etc. (was: Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)

(...) It still has enormous theological value; the difference is that it is now read and understood in light of our fuller understanding of God as compiled in the New Testament. (...) Ok...I concede the point that it was inconsistent to include (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I've been (mis) quoted

(...) I was quoted by the Richmond Times Dispatch recently about the ILOVEYOU headache, and they caught me while I was driving between meetings -- I gave lots of info, but the starting quote for me they used was "...and we just forged ahead and (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Vegetarianism etc. (was: Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)

(...) Why not do away witht the old testament then - as part of scripture, only - obviously it would retain historical value. (...) Uh...no. I misread and now feel foolish. :-) (Actually, yeah...yeah...that's the ticket, you can catch him at the (...) (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact