 Off-Topic / Debate / 5812
Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 19:56:18 GMT

Christopher Weeks wrote:
I don't think so.  By my above statements: I could be a full cannibal - but I'd
also have to think that eating other animals was OK, just not as tasty.  Or I
could eat anything that I wanted to - people, veggies, beef, whatever - that's
still in keeping with my expressed logic.  Or I could be a full vegetarian,
eschewing all meat intake equally.

In reality, I consider myself a poor vegetarian.  I haven't eaten (except for
trace amounts by mistake) the flesh, or derivatives, of an animal in six years.
And for four years before that I'd only occasionally eat any meat (e.g.
pepperoni on a pizza that was being thrown out, etc.)  I eat eggs and dairy
products.  But my eggs often come from neighbors with free-range backyard
flocks, and I otherwise pay the extra for free-range vegetarian eggs.  My milk
is "cruelty free, organic" produce, and I eat cheese and ice cream that I have
no idea about.

Chris,
I haven't been following this thread for the past week and I'm not caught up yet.
I'm a little confused by the above paragraph.  Are you vegan or
lacto-ovo-vegetarian?  It sounds like the latter to me, but I wanted to be sure.
FYI, I've been vegan(1) for almost six years and veg for a while before that.  I
didn't think there was someone else close to my dietary habits on this board(2).
Ok- I'm going to try to catch up on this thread now...

-chris

1- except for the occasional mistakes/errors, or course.  There was that time
   I was free-gan too.
2- based on data collected in WAMALUG meetings and the excitement over mcdonalds
   sets.