 Off-Topic / Debate / 5815
Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 11:50:50 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Christopher Tracey writes:
Christopher Weeks wrote:

In reality, I consider myself a poor vegetarian.  I haven't eaten (except • for
trace amounts by mistake) the flesh, or derivatives, of an animal in six • years.
And for four years before that I'd only occasionally eat any meat (e.g.
pepperoni on a pizza that was being thrown out, etc.)  I eat eggs and dairy
products.  But my eggs often come from neighbors with free-range backyard
flocks, and I otherwise pay the extra for free-range vegetarian eggs.  My • milk
is "cruelty free, organic" produce, and I eat cheese and ice cream that I • have
no idea about.

Chris,
I haven't been following this thread for the past week and I'm not caught up • yet.
I'm a little confused by the above paragraph.  Are you vegan or
lacto-ovo-vegetarian?  It sounds like the latter to me

The latter.  I think the line "I eat eggs and dairy..." really gives it away
:-)

FYI, I've been vegan(1) for almost six years and veg for a while before that.

Good for you!  I've toyed with following a vegan diet, but it's not a step that
I'm ready to take for selfish reasons and my ethics don't frown on animal
husbandry in all cases (as I know some folks' do), so as I can assure
cruelty-free produce, I come closer to fulfilling my own beliefs.

didn't think there was someone else close to my dietary habits on this
board(2).  Ok- I'm going to try to catch up on this thread now...

2- based on data collected in WAMALUG meetings and the excitement over
mcdonalds

Hey, I cashed in on the McD's sets too...they make an adequate grilled cheese
(not that you'd be interested), if you can teach them how...flip the hamburger
buns upside-down so the inside is now out, and lay the cheese and onions and
pickle (or whatever) between what's normally the top and bottom.  Press them
together in the bun toaster device and voilla!

I haven't found many biologist vegetarians.  Hmmmm...

Chris (the other one)