 Off-Topic / Debate / 5808
Re: I've been (mis) quoted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 03:05:32 GMT

In lugnet.people, Larry Pieniazek writes:

I am more annoyed that the part about how much I loved the company, and the
part about how culture was an important ingredient to success, and the part
about how it taught me a lot, and the part about how I'm still rooting for it
and think Messman can pull it off... all got cut.

I was quoted by the Richmond Times Dispatch recently about the ILOVEYOU
headache, and they caught me while I was driving between meetings -- I gave
lots of info, but the starting quote for me they used was "...and we just
forged ahead and fought the battle" -- that was soooo cheesy and I caught much
razzing from the coworkers on that one.

That was an interesting article about Cambridge Technology though ... I'm glad
the company I work for (iXL), moved away from fixed price to Time and
Materials... that just seems to make much more sense, especially with all the
scope creep in the web business.

Chris
http://www.bussetech.com