 Off-Topic / Debate / *21416 (-20)
  Re: Issues with Yahoo

(...) You know what, I am sorry about what I wrote. I was just really angry at the time, and I would usually never write it in a Lugnet post, or anywhere for that matter. (...) Before or after the Yahoo takeover? I've heard Geocities went downhill (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I don't know, I just thought it was funny (and vaguely debatable..)

(...) I was listening to the DJ on Q107 this morning... He was joking around and told a few 'newfie' jokes. Then a song, then he comes back laughing... "Just got an e-mail from someone who didn't want his name mentioned. The e-mail goes on to say (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Yahoo Sucks

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:HGs841.9Fu@lugnet.com... (...) having (...) to do (...) part (...) web (...) LOL... "you suggest I look at something else..." Well, yeah!!! ;) Nah, see the real problem is that I didn't (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Yahoo Sucks

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:HGsF9B.1CsM@lugnet.com... (...) nightmare of (...) you (...) some (...) Icann (...) No they certainly are not clean uninstalls! I never could get rid of the browser bar. Every time I (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Yahoo Sucks

"Scott Costello" <scottcos@spamfree.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HGsJD5.1yGJ@lugnet.com... (...) what (...) You know, that's an interesting point. I should look at the Mac installation instructions more often for things like that... It's kind (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I don't know, I just thought it was funny (and vaguely debatable..)

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:HGsCoH.zI3@lugnet.com... (...) on (...) I'd like to counter that with "Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is Dumb." -- Dark Helmet, "Space Balls" (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) A very interesting link - thank you, Richard. I shall use it for future reference. After some really superficial reading, I can now at least pretend to know why the term "common law" is so... uncommon to me: according to one of the earlier (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) So children living there are responsible for their parents choice of having a job there? If a little girl gets a fractured leg and her parents are poor, does this mean she is responsible and that she deserves not to be treated for her injuries (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) Well yes it did. Look at the thread going on. Added something to the debate? You bet ! As for your comments, I won't even answer them. I guess you are better suited than me to know what is a cheap shot. I stand by what I said : your comment (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Yahoo Sucks

(...) I wasn't involved in the setup, I know the answer was found in the Mac installation section. If anyone is interested email me and I will find out what we did. Scott C. (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Yahoo Sucks

Once you have your initial screenname, pass, etc. you never need to install their junk again, the problem is getting the initial information. I dunno, our customer service person refused to provide us with or create such information in another (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Must See NY Times Advert

Antiwar groups turn their focus to Bush (URL) ''One president said I did not have sex with that woman' and he got impeached,'' said Representative Jose E. Serrano, Democrat of New York. ''Another president lied to the American people, to Congress, (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Yahoo Sucks

Agree with all that, but let me warn you MSN is worse. We signed up with the SBC Yahoo DSL service here at the office, but we were able to use a router and some creativity to sneak around having to install all their extra garbage. Scott C. (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Possession

(...) Gonna answer Tom later in the day, but for now I wanted to point out the first DVD I have ever seen advertised for the film in question as seen here: (URL) And yes, I already bought one. Hopefully, it's not just another scam despite that fact (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Yahoo Sucks

Wow! Truer words were never posted. It was like one long horrible nightmare of software I didn't want or need just to sign on for the first time, just as you have written. And the uninstalls are not too clean no matter what. I ran some anti-virus (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  I don't know, I just thought it was funny (and vaguely debatable..)

"The rain it raineth on the just And also on the unjust fella, But chiefly on the just, because The unjust steals the just's umbrella." Just a quotation I saw on another website. Dave K (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Orrin Hatch: Software Pirate?

(...) Arrrrr, but where would we be wi'out Robert Newton's scenery-chewin' iconic pyrate performance, ya swab! Pronouncin' our Rs as Hs like some dandified lubber, 'stead of pronouncing 'em so far back in our throats that we near swallow 'em, that's (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) Sorry, you haven't refuted much of anything in this debate, you can't just dismiss Jefferson as irrelevant and consider that a refutation. In essence, that's what you're doing. (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Yahoo Sucks

(...) Really? I went with the local cable company's cable modem, and besides having DHCP running (it was from all my years of LAN network games) I didn't have to do a thing to my PC. Plug it in, and et voila! Internet at high speed. Oh, and with (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) You da man!!! (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact