 Off-Topic / Debate / 21416
Re: Issues with Yahoo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 22:34:16 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Max Maxwell wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Max Maxwell wrote:
Does anyone else out there hate Yahoo, especially Geocities? Their ads are
relentless, customer service is non-existant, and replies to complaint and
help emails are useless and written from a template! Does anyone
agree/disagree with me, or am I alone on this subject?

I disagree. I do not hate Yahoo. I admire them.

Customer support costs money, and it costs a LOT of money to do well. That
they can give you any at all for a free to you service, for an advertiser
supported service, and still make money is nothing short of miraculous, and
therefore admirable.

But I suspect you are not alone in complaining about something that's free
(except for the time you spend reading ads).

What the hell is this,

Check the LUGNET Terms of Service....
(http://www.lugnet.com/admin/terms/agreement )
specifically point 5 of discussion group terms and conditions...
You know what, I am sorry about what I wrote. I was just really angry at the
time, and I would usually never write it in a Lugnet post, or anywhere for that
matter.
You obviously have never had a site, free or not, hosted by
Geocities.

Wrong again. Check your assumptions.
Before or after the Yahoo takeover? I've heard Geocities went downhill
afterwards. Will remember to check assumptions to make sure they are factual.