 Off-Topic / Debate / 21413
Re: Yahoo Sucks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 19:38:51 GMT

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message
news:HGsF9B.1CsM@lugnet.com...
Wow!  Truer words were never posted.  It was like one long horrible • nightmare of
software I didn't want or need just to sign on for the first time, just as • you
have written.  And the uninstalls are not too clean no matter what.  I ran • some
anti-virus and spyware stuff afterwards, they might have installed some • Icann
(sp?) stuff, not sure.

Ick.

No problems with the service since then though.

-- Hop-Frog

No they certainly are not clean uninstalls!  I never could get rid of the
browser bar.  Every time I clicked uininstall, it went through the motions,
then stayed there anyway (though it didn't actually show up in my internet
explorer).  But I knew it wasn't all gone... I could... feel it... still
there... A month ago I did my semi-annual windows reinstall and only then
did I truly stop having that "not so fresh" feeling.

-- Tom