 Off-Topic / Debate / *15851 (-20)
  Re: Urantia?

(...) "The trial, the first to be heard under tough new anti-cult legislation, was brought by three former Scientology members who accuse the organisation of harassing them after they had left." It seems to me that having "anti-cult" legislation (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Pay per mile in UK?

(...) I meant "Long Term". It is actually a "ET" (Edinburgh Transport) system. David Begg is (was?) an Edinburgh councillor (as well as being a transportation expert). (...) A satellite dish on the roof will do no damage to the dash! (...) Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Pay per mile in UK?

(...) I thought he meant Long Term. Chris (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Pay per mile in UK?

(...) By that do you mean London Transport? 'cos it isn't actually one of ours. I can explain the differences between Transport for London and London Transport and Road User Charging and Congestion Charging if you'd like. I expect that *if* it goes (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Pay per mile in UK?

(...) you simply mean to be pointing out how trivial the accounting would be by using this kind of technology. (...) Cost to whom? In the US you have to have annual or semiannual vehicle inspections for safety and emissions standards. If the UK (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Urantia?

(...) I thought what is happening in France would add to your comments: Scientologists face Paris ban (URL) "an essentially commercial enterprise," which offered members "the illusory promise of revival" in their lives. "The methods of Scientology, (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Pay per mile in UK?

(...) It is a LT proposal (10 years). I expect that *if* it goes ahead, the technology (based on GPS) will be fitted to new cars. In 10 years, I expect GPS will be almost standard and cheap anyhow(?). Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Pay per mile in UK?

Seem to recall some debate a while ago about privatising roads - here's a link at The Observer: (URL) wanna know how much it's gonna cost to make sure all vehicles have a "black box", and how often they're gonna sample. There's an awful lot of (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Urantia?

(...) I figured that you would at least have seen the main site, of course, but it seemed a good place to start! (...) A little? Nah! 8^) (...) Unfortunately, a quick run around the 'net doesn't return much other than decidedly pro- and decidedly (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Urantia?

Thanks, Dave! I did, of course, find the first link of my own before posing the request. Some dead links detracted from the experience there -- at least their central texts links were down when I visited last night. The second link you provided is a (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Urantia?

(...) I've only ever heard of it in passing. The official site is www.urantia.org and features an overview of the doctrines and history of that belief system, as well as an extensive discussion of "The Urantia Book," an anthology of teachings (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: VP of lego direct Q&A Transcript

(...) I honestly don't know. You'd have to ask someone who works for LEGO. I *think* they are, but I have no proof, no data, no substance to back up that thought.... it's just a feeling I have. Do you think this is what they're doing? (...) I (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: VP of lego direct Q&A Transcript

(...) So do you think that is what they're doing? (...) I think there are seperate issues here: 1. That eBay sales can be useful for determining what sets and pieces to rerelease. 2. That eBay sales are insignificant in terms of total LEGO sales And (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: VP of lego direct Q&A Transcript

(...) If this is what they're doing, then I believe they're doing a good thing. The original thread of this discussion however had nothing to do with whether or not they are actually doing this. It was about them releasing products to try and (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Urantia?

Does anyone have essentially unbiased, yet informed, knowledge about a branch of Christianity called Urantia? I'd appreciate anything anyone cares to share on the subject. I am genuinely curious and I promise not to bite the hand that feeds me this (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: ? ... (Shooting the messenger)

(...) Semi-publicly. It's hard to find his personal email on the site, as was noted. He reminded me offline that webmaster@brickshelf.com works (as it does for MANY MANY websites) but I would reply that this convention is not necessarily known all (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: ?

Sorry for the double post but I would like to soften the tone of this entire thread by saying I'm glad Larry & Scott agree on something. (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: ? ... Pot calling the kettle black.

Put up or shut up. Everyone that reposted the link and jumped down his throat needs to apologize to Richard for doing the same thing he did. Now there is some common sense. (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: ?

(...) Excellent! May I suggest that if he's willing, a group to discuss Brickshelf(tm) might be a good idea too. Not sure where to slot it in the hierarchy though. Discussion about Brickshelf seems to happen in various places now (.publish, (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Q Re: ?

"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@excite.com> wrote in message news:GruEy2.EHG@lugnet.com... (...) Yeah. The whole thing is a tricky situation, lets let that part of it die and work to come to an agreement on how to effectively deal with situations (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact