 Off-Topic / Debate / 15836
Re: ? (Shooting the messenger)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 20:27:24 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Noeckel writes:
Why’d I leave the post in .general & .admin?

Honestly, because a general-community outline is needed for these type of
situations. We’re the ones that’ll likely encounter these incidents first,
so we should have some measures in place. Because they’ll invariably
reappear eventually in some form or another. And we should have some form of
protocol to deal with it.
I did my best with to help with the limited knowledge and resources that I had.

However, what's posted on Brickshelf is nothing to do with Lugnet. Kevin's
the admin of Brickshelf, his email is publically available,

Semi-publicly.

It's hard to find his personal email on the site, as was noted. He reminded
me offline that webmaster@brickshelf.com works (as it does for MANY MANY
websites) but I would reply that this convention is not necessarily known
all that well by the general public. Richard didn't try it, I myself forgot it.

he generally
acts fairly quickly to issues re protocol on his sight - look at how fast
the avatar "problem" was solved.

Agreed. Kudos to him, in fact, in general.

The general 'net protocol is to approach the site admin when you have a
problem or query with their site content.

Agreed. We here don't always go straight to the admins though, when we can
avoid bugging them. And that's a good thing.

++Lar