 General / 35709
Re: Brickshelf Pic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 05:34:14 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.general, Dave Johann writes:
In lugnet.general, Richard Noeckel writes:
          ?

        Why...

I was wondering the same thing myself. Things like this should not be on
Brickshelf.

And the best way (1) to deal with them is to very quietly drop a note to
Kevin Loch about it. He's fast at fixing those sorts of things, the pic
would be gone and the user banned in a jiffy.

1 - Of course when I say "best way" what I mean is least destructive to the
community. It may not be the best way to draw attention to one's self,
though, were that one's goal. Posting to .general, on the other hand, that
one found a oh so naughty link is an excellent way of stirring up commotion
with one's name attached, if that's what a person wants to do.

So one has to wonder at Richard's motive for posting that. Unless one is
relatively sure one already knows what Richard's motive was, that is.

I agree. This is why I shot off a note to Kevin as soon as I spotted this. I
replied here simply because my email has been mildly flakey, so Kevin might not
have gotten it and this is the second-best solution for contacting him AFAIAC.
As I type this, the pic in questions is still up, so the pic removal process
might not be as quick as we'd all like. After all, Kevin has to have a life too
folks.

-Dave