 Off-Topic / Debate / 15824
Re: ? (Shooting the messenger)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 07:44:21 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Noeckel writes:

I did what I could to make a bad situation better.
And we applaud you for that.

I didn't know what else to do but knew that resolution was needed.
Now you know what else can be done to fix the problem.

I just wanted to find help, and didn't know how else to do it.

I, for one, think you did the right thing. Too many inappropriate things have
sat on Brickshelf without anyone speaking out. This is wrong. It's a place to
post Lego related pics for all of us, not a silly porn posting site.

Seemed like the best "common sense" at that time...

         <To "all" except LFB>
But what's the sense in re-posting the link?
That was accidental on my part. I sometimes forget to edit past comments
including links. Like others, I do make mistakes from time to time.

What's the sense in leaving the conversation in general.
Because it was still a .general topic. I saw no follow-ups posted to off-
topic.debate and there really was no debate going when I initially replied to
your post. Besides, where else would this belong? .announce.brickshelf? I don't
think so.

What's the sense in creating a provocative title to draw attention?
'Brickshelf Pic' is a provacative title? Did I miss something here?

(I posted there for "general" help... why did y'all post
here and not in off-topic?)
Because it didn't belong in off-topic...yet.

What's the sense in discussing the issue here,
I don't spam-block my e-mail, anyone can reach me!
True, but that doesn't get Kevin's attention as I pointed out in an earlier
post.

(For people speak about "what's best for the community,"
well privately e-mailing me to discuss options would have
been far more productive)

I feel you did what you thought was best and shouldn't be scolded for it. Others
whose responses that didn't add anything constructive are the ones who should be
ashamed, not you.

I'll just be going away now, sorry to have bothered y'all with this!

                                       it'll be awhile,

                                                          --==Richard==--

Come back, Richard!!!!

Please?