 Off-Topic / Debate / 15823
Re: ? (Shooting the messenger)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 07:03:27 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Noeckel writes:
Why’d I leave the post in .general & .admin?

Honestly, because a general-community outline is needed for these type of
situations.

I can leave everything else alone (cause others have already summed up my
view) except this.

Posting a link of vulgar pornographic content DOES NOT EVER belong on
LUGNET.  Its along the same lines of posting vulgar words in the .general
group, the crossroads of the community -- its NOT appropriate.

Its not equivalent to a typical harmless .general post which belongs in the
crossroads.

I think it is one thing to discuss proceedures regarding reporting such
content in public, even in .general, and a TOTALLY DIFFERENT thing to post a
direct link to such content right there where everyone who is curious will
click on it.

I can understand the good intent, but the intentions translated into actions
which ended up being very inappropriate.

Unless this evolves into a community policy debate/discussion, I have no
further comments here.

-Tim