 Off-Topic / Debate / 15845
Re: Pay per mile in UK?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:36:05 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford writes:
Seem to recall some debate a while ago about privatising roads - here's a link
at The Observer:

http://www.observer.co.uk/politics/story/0,6903,656107,00.html

I wanna know how much it's gonna cost to make sure all vehicles have a "black
box", and how often they're gonna sample. There's an awful lot of vehicles in
UK...

It is a LT proposal (10 years). I expect that *if* it goes ahead, the
technology (based on GPS) will be fitted to new cars. In 10 years, I expect
GPS will be almost standard and cheap anyhow(?).

Scott A

ROSCO