 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 382
Re: Warning! This post praises MegaBloks...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 04:05:25 GMT

Peter White wrote:

But I am very happy with the price and consistency of grey/gray blocks and
keep trying to tempt my fellow AFOL's with them.
In fact when assembled I think the more matt finish of the grey/gray blocks
looks better than the Lego light grey/gray.

This was my primary "yay!" over TENTE way back when.  The fit was inconsistent, the
greys did vary occasionally, but the variances looked very good somehow.
Unfortunately IMHO Mega Bloks has a ways to go before it will reach the level of
TENTE for appearance in my eyes.

I wasn't at all impressed with the MB Battleship, but that's probably because large
LEGO warships are my primary claim to fame 'round these parts.  ;)  What I did find
impressive was the new series of "astrobright" colour buckets--some of those bricks
have wonderful manufacturing tolerance, much better than the over-shelf sets seem
to (don't quite know why).

best

Lindsay

PS:  Peter, sorry my slowness in delivering ammunition is keeping you from gaming
this weekend.  :(  But they are on their way!  :)