 General / 17442
Re: Warning! This post praises MegaBloks...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 05:29:41 GMT

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Randy Anchikoski writes:
I bought the Battleship too.  Surprisingly (or not), it was missing 10 • 2x4
gray bricks.

  That's unfortunate--I've been lucky enough never to have such an • omission in
any MB sets I've bought.  Could you return it?

I'm not worried.  I only paid $35Cdn for it anyway.  I just modified the
bridge slightly and it looks fine.

I also found that if you pushed the turret gun pieces through
the back of the 'technic' 2-stud, it splits the brick (I was seeing if it
would fit so as to be more stable, and it almost did)
  Well, that's like saying if you push a 1x1 round brick through a 1x2 • Technic
brick, one or the other will break--of course it will!  Fortunately, • that's not
how it's meant to be attached. The same is true with the MegaBloks pieces • you
mention.

Not exactly.  A 1x1 cylinder would click into place with LEGO.  It would
take a strong set of fingers to break either of those pieces.   A better
analogy would be forcing a metal bolt which is slightly larger than a
Technic hole into a LEGO Technic brick--it would likely snap apart.  The
MegaBloks are simply made with inferior plastic and can be broken much
easier.  I've broken a few pieces already, and I'm not that hard on it.

Randy
--

Randy Anchikoski
bigguy@teradesigns.tzo.com