 MediaWatch / 856 (-20)
  LEGO article

Another Birmingham newspaper article (this one in Birmingham, Alabama) has a much friendlier writeup about LEGO (middle of this webpage): (URL) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch) !

  Re: OT Brick Testament CONSPIRACY??!!

(...) Legal jurisdiction, they'd just assinate you. I got no doubt the CIA is our secret police. BTW, if I dissapear tomorrow, it's the CIA... (...) What do these guys do anyway? They're the Illuminati's strong arm, aren't they? Mark (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Help defend the artist! (was Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!)

(...) That's the point exactly. Brendan has been scrupulous not to manufacture anything that you can't find right there in the verses he cites for each image. Like Kyle said... is this person anti Bible? (...) I would agree with the sentiment, Eric, (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) Yeah, the whole thing blows. I really hope they don't jump on the Rev. for this. Nobody deserves to get stomped for harmless fun. I mean, I can see how, maybe, you could get ticked at someone for a few of the things on the site, but is it (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) I wonder if this falls under the "no such thing as bad publicity" banner. I can't wait to see the Reverend's reaction... --Bill. (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

What is most disturbing about this story is the blatant attempt to link the Brick Testament and child pornography. This article claims that this gentleman was arrested on suspicion of possessing child pornography, then proceeds to give the example (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Help defend the artist! (was Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!)

Exactly! That is an excellent point Steve. I would think that all the positive reations and media attention Brendon's work has recv'd will stand on it own. Too bad the actions of one perv make other peoples names/work get dragged thru the mud. e (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Help defend the artist! (was Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!)

I would also add that a review of the 20 Questions article on BimP would shed a whole "lotta" light on the Reverend's view of the bible and it's message. Sheesh...don't journalist do their research anymore? This is simply nuts. Steven (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Help defend the artist! (was Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!)

(...) I agree completely, I'm no authority but I would suppose that what's in the BT is no more so that in the Bible. That reference was ment to discredit that person in question and the BT was used to paint a futher despicable picture on the back (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Help defend the artist! (was Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!)

I would encourage people disgusted by Fionnula Bourke's article to email their grievance at: icFeedback@mrn.co.uk my response: In your article "Councillor in child porn probe" Dec 29 2002, by Fionnula Bourke, you report the Brick Testament as a site (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) How true. It always amuses me at how our society "shuns" those parts of the Bible that aren't all holy and pure. Guess what people? You have to deal with the bad AND the good because the original writers are trying to TELL you something (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) Would the FBI care? (I don't think the FBI starts looking at you until your a suspect of something, so unless you've got a reason to think the FBI may be after you...) I'd think the NSA, CIA, or the newly formed Homeland Security Department (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) stronger bastions of respectable journalism in the UK. In any case, I sent the following letter to the editor. It's couched in the usual over-assertive letter-to-the-editor style that seems the only way to get past the sub-editors. to: (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) (URL) bother - the FBI already knows you like LEGO. And their logic might not be as rigorous as that reporter's. (That was sarcasm. I hope.) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

This is very weird how they grouped the Brick Testament site along with the other offensive material...I guess I better purge my cache at work! Seems like they have blown this way out of proportion at this poor guys expense (or they were just (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general) !!

  [rtlToronto] rtlToronto Makes the Front Page. Literally.

The December 22nd, 2002 Sunday edition of the Toronto Star features a Lego brick mosaic of the paper's banner, in place of the normal banner on the top of the front page. It also includes a detailed article about rtlToronto and Lego enthusiasts in (...) (22 years ago, 22-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.announce, lugnet.mediawatch) !!

  Socceroos and LEGO

Spotted on p.75 of yesterday's Herald-Sun: a photo of Socceroos coach Frank Farina sitting behind a LEGO Soccer field! The interview didn't mention LEGO at all, just Australia's greater chance of actually appearing in the next World Cup, but I just (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: News Flash - Life on Mars in short supply!

(...) lol, sounds like somebody at ABC has a child with LOM sets on their list :) Julie (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  News Flash - Life on Mars in short supply!

Last night (18 December 2002) ABC Nightly News included the usual holiday segment on frantic parents searching for the season's "hot" toys, and a LEGO item was mentioned. According to our crack reporter, the "Life on Mars" (LOM) series is hard to (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego Drug Humor with Technic Figures

Interestingly enough, these images appeared in a popular Israeli magazine called "Rating". Kind of a cross between a weekly magazine and a TV guide. It appeared next to the editor's column. Supposedly, it's part of the war against drugs (????? cute (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.fun, lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact