 MediaWatch / 2657
Re: LEGO® Launches Battle Over Trademark
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:22:18 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Dave Schuler wrote:
   I suggest that LEGO design a new brick to achieve the same “technical solution.”

Why should they? There are plenty of other companies that have already done so. You’ve got K’Nex, Lincoln Logs, Erector, and several other construction toy systems that have no resemblance to LEGO bricks, proving that you don’t need to blatantly rip off the design to achieve a similar “technical solution”. The only legitimate reason for copying the LEGO design is so you can horn in on their market with a product that looks like their own and is more or less compatible with it as well.