 MediaWatch / 2655
Re: LEGO® Launches Battle Over Trademark
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 2009 04:27:15 GMT

   I wonder if the clones would have enjoyed the success that they’ve had were they to have created a brick system that didn’t replicate the dimensions of LEGO bricks.

Clearly a case of wanting your brick and repeating it, too.

JOHN

The answer to your question is obvious. Enlighten and others manufacture for a market that never could afford to buy Lego bricks. The success of Lego’s clone of the Kiddiecraft brick has had very little influence on the success of later cloning companies.