 Marketplace / Theory / 978
Re: When Do We Call it Auction? (Was: Re: 6286 Last Call)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:25:44 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Frank Filz suggested the following newsgroups
for lugnet.market:

- discussion - theory and any other discussion
- shopping - what it is today, incidentally, I think DYA listings belong
here

I'd rather see a lugnet.marktet.DYA group.  DYA is in a unique situation.  It is
a commercial enterprise, and LEGO sales are only part of the business at DYA.
Also, DYA is actively posting advertising (in the form of limited-stock sales
announcements) to boost its business.

- wanted (1)
- buy/sell/trade (where private auctions count as sell/trade) - private
wheeling and dealing
- updates (if your bst turns into something where you need to post updates,
post them here, I'd even go so far as to say posting the list of what is
left after a week of selling should go here, not just auction updates)

I think updates will always be judgement call issue.  If there are only one or
two updates, it makes sense to post them as follow-ups, in the same group as the