 Marketplace / Theory / 961
Re: When Do We Call it Auction? (Was: Re: 6286 Last Call)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 05:26:45 GMT

Frank Filz wrote in message ...

Tammy,

Unfortunately you walked into a minefield here (take a look at
lugnet.admin.general if you care about the history of said minefield, also
look at the thread here in lugnet.market.theory about what is an auction). • I
hope you won't take offense at this post, I'm trying to weigh in on the • side
of having understandable rules, and granting some leeway.

{some snippage occured here}

I wonder how many of the people who "don't even want to
know auctions exist" follow lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade? The one person we
heard from who doesn't want to hear about auctions didn't sound like he was
interested in any market action at all.

That's me!  I fit this profile perfectly--just as you described it Frank.

I never look at market.auction.  But I get buy-sell-trade via email and read
every post.

I am not anti-auction, just have my reasons--mostly financial at this time.

    Kevin Salm
    ....The biggest fan of the Gray Lego brick....
....live the Lego lifestyle to the fullest....build every day....