 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 4707
Re: When Do We Call it Auction? (Was: Re: 6286 Last Call)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:29:09 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:
Tammy,

Unfortunately you walked into a minefield here (take a look at
lugnet.admin.general if you care about the history of said minefield, also
look at the thread here in lugnet.market.theory about what is an auction). I
hope you won't take offense at this post, I'm trying to weigh in on the side
of having understandable rules, and granting some leeway.

That being said, it is clear in my mind that your sell/trade offer has
become an auction since you have posted peoples bids, and should have been
moved to lugnet.market.auction. I'm ok with that, I can understand what you
are trying to do. You would have been better off posting your starting
prices originally, but that's 20-20 hindsight.

There's an explaination to this in your e-mail, Yes, I probably should
have posted the prices in the first place, though I wasn't expecting
people to offer 5.00 sets for the large sets, I thought people had SOME
brains... I guess I should never assume that... made an ass of myself..

Frank

Yeah I'll say it's a minefield, and one I'm not about to play in
anymore... I'll just keep my sets from now on.

Tamy  taking her napalm and going home.

--
Keep on Bricken'
-Tamy