 Marketplace / Theory / 977
Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 03:09:41 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Todd Lehman writes:
I'm not selling anything here, just pointing you to a place where you can
find some background images depicting LEGO bricks in various colors...

This is NOT a hawk of my auction but if you want to click the URL (I don't
have time to type it in) or read more, go see my upcoming parts auction home
page (I especially don't have time to retype all the explanatory text):

  http://www.auczilla.com/lego/xii/

(The link to the background images is at the bottom.)

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE AUCTION because you saw it here.  I'm just in a hurry
because I happen to be on the way out the door to the train station...

I see three problems with this:

1. Constructed examples can easily be made to look more ridiculous than real
cases which are borderline.

2. In this particular example, there is no reason not to point to the same
link as the background images. This is different from Larry's post in that his
auction has text which is not easy for him to find elsewhere (while on the
road, he presumably has it at home, or wherever he posts his auctions from).
This is different from Scott's post in that Scott's post was pointing to his
preliminary auction information to reference the pictures (and some
description, I don't remember, I suppose I should go look at it). In other
words, your example is totally qratuitous compared to Larry's and Scott's
posts.

3. This does not seem to be an attempt at constructive resolution of what is a
very serious problem (remember, we have lost a valued member of the community
due to how we have been handling these possibly misplaced or misworded or lazy
posts). In fact, this seems to me to be a deliberate slap in Larry's face (one
of the other people who seems to be speaking with a voice of reason).

If this is the way Lugnet is going to be run, I'm not sure I want to be here
any more either.

Todd, are you trying to find a peaceful resolution to this, or are you trying
to piss everyone off who isn't as offended by a misplaced auction post as you
are?

Frank