 Off-Topic / Debate / 4234
Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 03:45:09 GMT

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote in article
<rqepaske3v1t1f7b8ogbhdcn9drei8nu6m@4ax.com>...
On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 01:41:30 GMT, "Allan Bedford"
<apotomeREMOVE-THIS@execulink.com> wrote:

Larry and his posting abilites/priviledges.  You see, for all the • postings
I've read, and many by Larry, I've yet to discover what it is that makes
Larry any different than any other person on LUGNET.  I've been here • since

If I were to take a guess at it I'd say that Larry was probably one of
the first people outside Todd & Suz to really talk with them and help
them test things out before LUGNET went live.  I was one of the
original handful of BETA-testers (I think that's why my membership
number is 6 (although I'd gladly trade for 69 if whoever has it was
willing and Todd would allow it)) and I know Larry and maybe someone
else as well actually spent some time before that alpha-testing...

Sounds like a reasonable answer to me.  :)

I didn't mean to suggest that Larry WASN'T all that his reputation
suggests, but rather I was playing devil's advocate, on behalf of all the
newbies that might be afraid to get into a debate like this.  I just think
it's worth pointing out that not everyone has the information that is
provided above, and that from time to time it may lead to friction.
Apparently something's causing friction these days.  :)  Maybe if we had
some really excellent new LEGO sets to build or talk about we'd all be
happier.  :)  Is this the internet version of cabin fever we're witnessing?

Maybe instead of a Larry P. FAQ as I suggested before, maybe it might be
more useful to have someone draw up a brief:  History of LUGNET.

Regards,
Allan
--
Expert Builder Website - The Megaproject Showcase
http://www.execulink.com/~apotome/expert.htm