 Marketplace / Theory / 2514
Re: Target Exclusive Trains On Clearance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 02:02:54 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.market.theory, Mike Walsh writes:

I have to agree with you here.  One thing about this hobby, you get to learn
the habits of some of the big retailers.  TRU, Wal-Mart, Target, and K-Mart
all seem to have very different philosophies about retail.

Target as a company, seems to be the most aggressive about moving product
out the door.  It seems to me that they would rather it go out the door at a
lower price than deal with moving it around (shelving and reshelving).  Once
they decide they don't want something - they get it out of the store in a
hurry freeing their shelf space up for something else.  Wal-Mart does this
to a lesser extent, K-Mart rarely and TRU almost never.  Wal-Mart and K-Mart
seem to do it on a store by store basis (e.g. my Wal-Mart still stocks Yoda
a full price while other Wal-Mart stores have put them on clearance).

Just my observations from hunting for LEGO bargains!

Good observations. And if I may be so bold as to connect the dots further...
of those 4 retailers, who seems to be doing the best overall and who the worst?

Making a leap here, could the fact that LD put ALL of Galidor on 50% off
mean anything?

Yes.  It means I'm not always wrong when it comes to my predictions:

http://news.lugnet.com/?q=galidont

:)

Regards,
Allan B.