 Marketplace / Shopping / 10243
Re: Target Exclusive Trains On Clearance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 14:52:27 GMT

I made a quick stop at the Plymouth Meeting, PA Target in the Philadelphia
suburbs.

The large train set is on clearance for $111
Caboose around $10
Passenger car around $13
Log carrier car around $11

They had about 15 of each car and 10 of the large set.

I bought two of the passenger cars.

I have mixed feelings about the clearance. The prices are great.

But it seems these sets were marked down very, very early in their shelf
life. Does this indicate a failure of the My Own Train line at retail? Or
could this simply be Target management moving merchandise as rapidly as they
can?

Bryan

"Matt Hamand" <mhamand1@juno.com> wrote in message
Last night at Target (Mira Mesa, San Diego) my wife and I were doing our • usual
browse pattern. I peeled off to check out the action figure aisle while • she
went on ahead to the Lego aisle.

When I was finished I turned the corner and found Michelle salivating over • the
Target My Own Train exclusives on clearance. They were each in the 30% off
range.

Between those and the $30 Ogel Control Center bought as a gift at the TRU • next
door, we came home with a lot more Lego than we had planned to.

Matt