 Marketplace / Shopping / 10244
Re: Target Exclusive Trains On Clearance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:34:23 GMT

"Bryan Kinkel" <helpdesk@loseyourmind.com> wrote in message

[ ... snipped ... ]

But it seems these sets were marked down very, very early in their shelf
life. Does this indicate a failure of the My Own Train line at retail? Or
could this simply be Target management moving merchandise as rapidly as • they
can?

Bryan

[ ... snipped ... ]

I had wondered the same thing.  We do a lot of our regular shopping at
Target (Cary, NC) so I have been keeping an eye on the train sets to see if
they were moving.  The individual cars seemed to be selling, in particular
the caboose.  The large train kit didn't seem to be selling but a few did
move.  I think $160 price point for 4534 was simply to high.  At $100 they
probably would have moved a bunch of them.

One thing I have noticed is that Target has a lot of stuff on clearance, not
just LEGO.  With the new 2003 sets hitting the shelves at Wal-Mart and TRU,
Target may be making some shelf space for 2003 sets as well.  I was excited
to see trains in a retail store and I have bought three or four copies of
each so far (most of them a few weeks ago when they were on sale).  If they
make it to the 50% off price I imagine I will end up with a bunch of them!

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com