 Marketplace / Theory / 2386
Re: lugnet.market.mess
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 02:26:39 GMT

I think the big difference was, at the time, that people actually ran their
own auctions via e-mail and posting to the .auction group.  This produced
much more traffic back then compared to just the eBay announcements that we
get now.

Now we see very little commerce going on outside of eBay or Bricklink.  So
if there were a specific group for each of these, that would certainly clear
up any confusion about where said posts should go!  Everything else could
probably then be grouped into one catchall group.

Troy

"Ben Roller" <lugnews@rollerfamily.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Frank Filz writes:
NOOOOOOO (especially NOOOOOOOOOOOOO on combining the auction adds in
with other adds).

Ok, I tend to agree that high-volume sites like eBay and Bricklink need
their own groups.  I wonder though, what's the big difference between an • ad
for an auction and a straight sale these days?  I understand the • difference
between an auction and a sale of course, but with eBay's "Buy It Now" • option
and the way things have generally changed in the last few years, why are
auction ads so different?

Ben Roller