 Marketplace / Theory / 1769
Re: Cool new features at Brickbay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:10:37 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, John Radtke writes:
That would have been a far worse strategy for the seller and would have hurt
the seller more than me!  It would have gotten me into the store once but
seeing such a ploy would keep me from ever going back.

I agree. If you realised, that is. Comparision shopping at Brickbay, driven
as it is by the search function only, is good, but not perfect yet.

I personally dislike stores with "perpetual sales" (there are a bunch in,
for example, the furniture business) but a lot of people get taken in.
Caveat Emptor. But I can choose not to patronise the deceptive.

My basic thought is that the sale notice is less meaningful and carries less
weight now without a percentage on it and will have far less influence on a
decision to visit a given store.

I agree. A proposal I put on the table in the brickbay.suggestions
discussion group addresses it, though. I'd love to see others comment on it.

http://www.brickbay.com/message.asp?ID=297

++Lar