 Marketplace / Theory / 1727
Re: Cool new features at Brickbay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 06:27:31 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Christopher Lindsey writes:
This gives me an idea on what features should be improved more.  I
originally thought to include a Bulk upload of wanted list but since the
inventory upload is used so little, I'll probably work on improving the
search engine.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post a response (if there's a
better group, please let me know)

I was hesitating for a second to post the original message here also but
didn't find a more relevant NG.

, but I would *love* the ability to search
by LEGO part reference number.  I often know that I'm looking for a part
like #4444 in black, but I can only get to it by searching for
"castle wall black" (which brings up other wall elements, too).  Granted,
the extra entries aren't too bad in this case, but sometimes I'm looking
for a specific hing piece and have to wade through several hundred entries
to find what I want...

Problem is that the search will only give you the items that a seller has
picked from the internal parts/sets catalog.  If a seller adds their own
item that is not listed, the item doesn't get tagged with the part ID / Set
number and will not show up in the search.

You can _sort of_ search by the part ID already.  Let's say you're looking
for red brick 1x1 part #3005:

1) Go to myBrickbay - wanted - add parts
   http://www.brickbay.com/wanted_add.asp?a=p
2) select category "Brick" - part "1 x 1" from menu
3) select color "Red" (selecting N/A for color will show part regardless of
color)
4) click on verify item
5) you'll get a listing of all red Bricks 1x1 in the search engine format
incuding sale, excluding seller location / minimum order.  Click on the shop
name next to each item to view that item in the shop / buy it.  (I found 17
matches for Red Brick 1x1)