 Marketplace / Theory / 1738
Re: Cool new features at Brickbay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:45:33 GMT

D. Jezek wrote in message ...
You can _sort of_ search by the part ID already.  Let's say you're looking
for red brick 1x1 part #3005:

1) Go to myBrickbay - wanted - add parts
  http://www.brickbay.com/wanted_add.asp?a=p
2) select category "Brick" - part "1 x 1" from menu
3) select color "Red" (selecting N/A for color will show part regardless of
color)
4) click on verify item
5) you'll get a listing of all red Bricks 1x1 in the search engine format

But Dan, that still requires you to know what the part is called. Searching
by part number is great when you have this weird doohickey, you don't know
what it's called, but it has the number on it, so you can search by that.
Doing a parts ref search on the number and then searching on the name you
get from that works sometimes, but not always, since some of the brickbay
names (and categories) are different.

I would also love to be able to add stuff to my inventory using the part
number. At the moment I can enter the part number directly and get a
picture, but it doesn't go to the right place in the category and part name
lists so I can't get a name for it.

Other oddments...

when searching -
please make the "Parts" and "Sets' search boxes "sticky" so they keep the
same setting and I don't have to keep unclicking the sets one. Also please
keep my previous search text in the search box so I can edit it to fine tune
my search and not have to keep typing it in again

when listing items-
it would be great to be able to see if the item is currently listed in other
stores and at what price, as well as what it's previously sold for. I also
get strange results sometimes for the low, average, high previous sale
prices: quite often the average is higher than the highest price! In the
color list, it would be nice to have all the common colors listed together
instead of scattered throughout a load of strange colors which are hardly
ever (if ever at all!) used.

Kevin