 Marketplace / Theory / 1753
Re: Cool new features at Brickbay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 03:34:12 GMT

The only downside is that now stores just say "sale"
instead of some average percent (or min max??) off... but that's not a biggie.

++Lar

Speaking as a buyer that could be a drawback.  Sellers can no longer attract
customers by having a larger sales percentage listed.  I know my tendency
when I am just browsing has been to go through the stores with the higher %
sales.  I will be far less likely to hit every store with a sale notice
knowing it may only be for an item or two.  That's just going to take too
much time and will reduce the number incidental purchases I may have made
otherwise.  I'll be more likely going forward to only shop by specific
searches or in the stores I'm familiar with.

John

  Re: Cool new features at Brickbay

(...) That may not be the best strategy. Someone could just open a store, double their desired prices, then set the sale to 50% off, to take advantage of buyers using that strategy. Your approach of knowing who you're dealing with probably works (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.theory)