 Marketplace / Theory / 1756
Re: Cool new features at Brickbay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 04:05:36 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Dan Jezek writes:
Problem is that the search will only give you the items that a seller has
picked from the internal parts/sets catalog.  If a seller adds their own
item that is not listed, the item doesn't get tagged with the part ID / Set
number and will not show up in the search.

You can _sort of_ search by the part ID already.  Let's say you're looking
for red brick 1x1 part #3005:

Dan,

As a seller, I have a two fold problem listing oddball parts. If I know the
part number (but not the category) *or* I know the name (but not the category).

In the second case, I can sort of fudge a search and see where everyone is
putting it (using the part name only) and then look there for the part. Thats
not always right tho, a good example is 'Control Panel'. By rights, that one
should always reside in 'Space' (where it shows in the sub-list). But a quick
search shows that I am the only seller putting it in the right place. If someone
searched on 'Black Control Panel', they would see everyone's items except mine.
If they search on 'Space Control Panel', they would only see mine. I feel like I
get left out for doing the right thing.

In the first case, the part name that I have (from lugnet or one of the other
lists) does not always align with the BrickBay category. I don't want to start
an argument about who is right and who is wrong, I just want to find it. If I
don't know the category (and no one has any listed for sale), how do I find it ?

Ray